Know Your 签证类别
Chinese nationals bearing an ordinary passport or a passport for Public Affairs are required to have a valid a visa to enter Brazil.
Chinese nationals travelling with a diplomatic, official or service passport are exempted from visas under the terms of the agreement on Visa Exemption for holders of diplomatic, official or service passports signed between Brazil and China on 24 May 2004. In case of doubt, holders of these passports may consult Brazil Embassy and Consulate about the visa.
Please Click here to know whether you need a visa to enter Brazil.
Before submitting your application, please identify the visa that suits the principal purpose of your intended stay in Brazil.
The different categories that are catered to are:
VISIT VISA (VIVIS)
- Visiting family and/or friends
- 商务签证 in general, including meetings to discuss trade and investment. If the trip involves the provision of as technical assistance, installation, maintenance or repair services, a Technical Assistance Visa is mandatory.
- Attend a workshop, trade/industrial fair, conference or seminar as a participant or exhibitor
- Study, research, scientific cooperation, academic internship (until 90 days)
- Unpaid participation in athletic or artistic event or competition (until 90 days)
- Transit on Brazilian airports to other countries
- Media coverage, photographers, filming crews (until 90 days)
- Health treatment (until 90 days)
- Voluntary work with accredited non-profit organization (until 90 days)
- Foreign minor that has been adopted by a Brazilian national or a permanent resident in Brazil
- Adoption of a Brazilian child
- Permanent resident older than 60 years and/or with special needs bearing an expired “Registro Nacional de Estrangeiro (RNE)” card
- Foreigner bearing a “Protocolo de Registro ou Prorrogação de Prazo de Estada” or “Protocolo de Pedido de Permanência no Brasil”
TEMPORARY VISA (VITEM)
ACADEMIC VISA – VITEM I
- Research, academic work, academic extension (over 90 days)
HEALTH TOURISM VISA – VITEM II
- Health treatment (over 90 days)
STUDY VISA – VITEM IV
WORK VISA – VITEM V
- 工作签证 under a Brazilian-ruled employment contract
- In-country provision of services of any nature, including intra-company, consulting, technical assistance and technology transfer
- Provision of services to a Brazilian government agency/organization under a contract or an international agreement
- Instructors or professors traveling to Brazil to teach a foreign language
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE VISA - VITEM V
- Qualified professional employed by a foreign company that has a contract, cooperation agreement or partnership with a Brazilian company intending to perform short term technical assistance or technology transfer, for a period no longer than 180 (one hundred and eighty) days.
RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES VISA – VITEM VII
- Clergymen and missionaries with theological or academic religious education who intend to go to Brazil for religious purposes
VOLUNTARY WORK VISA – VITEM VIII
- Voluntary work with accredited non-profit organization (over 90 days)
INVESTMENT VISA – VITEM IX
- 投资 and high-level management of investments in Brazil
FAMILY REUNION VISA – VITEM XI
ARTS AND SPORT VISA – VITEM XII
- Participation in athletic or artistic event or competition (over 90 days)